Saving energy at home is a great way to save money and help the environment. There are lots of simple changes you can make that will make your home here in the Kissimmee, FL area more energy efficient, helping to reduce your carbon footprint and lower your monthly bills.
Here are some tips from us at Familia Insurance Agency to get you started:
1. Install Energy-Efficient Lighting: Switching out old lightbulbs with LEDs or CFLs can provide significant energy savings. LEDs also last longer, so you won’t be replacing them as often.
2. Unplug Appliances When Not in Use: Most appliances use electricity even when they’re off if they’re plugged in, so unplugging them when not in use is an easy way to save energy and money.
3. Seal Leaks Around Windows and Doors: Sealing any air leaks in your windows and door frames can help keep heated air from escaping during the winter months or cold air from leaking out during the summer months, which saves on heating costs.
4. Invest in a Programmable Thermostat: A programmable thermostat helps you keep your temperature at comfortable levels while ensuring it’s not running all day (or at night). Set it up to turn off when you’re away from home or asleep so you don’t waste energy on unnecessary cooling or heating cycles.
5. Wash Clothes in Cold Water: Most loads of laundry can be washed just as well in cold water, so opt for this setting whenever possible—it’ll save energy and protect colors since hot water can fade fabrics faster. For more tips, give us at Familia Insurance Agency a call today. We are proud to serve the Kissimmee, FL area.